Paleo diet is all about eating natural and healthy food that is free from all kinds of processing. If you are new to this diet or are planning to start it soon, here are some do’s and don’ts that you must know about to reap the maximum benefits.
- Eat Meat: You can eat plenty of meat when you are following the paleo diet. It includes lamb, beef, pork, poultry, fish, organ meat and sea food. Meat is full of proteins and you need them for a healthy body. You need to have a good and healthy intake of fats and proteins as a basis for achieving your weight loss goals.
- Eat Eggs: Eggs, especially egg yolks provide your body with a lot of nutrition. It is essentially important for the vegetarian paleo diet followers who are looking to lose fat and gain muscle mass.
- Eat Vegetables: And a lot of them! Here are just some of the vegetables that should be a part of your daily meals: broccoli, bell peppers cucumbers, spinach, watercress, yellow squash, kale, beets, zucchini and turnips to name a few. You can bake them, roast them, steam them, sauté them or fry them in some olive oil and get your daily fix.
- Eat Healthy Fats: It is important to have a healthy intake of fats such as olive oil, ghee and coconut oil for cooking. Cashews, hazelnuts, almonds, macadamias and avocados are also are great option for healthy fat.
- Avoid Grains: Carb over consumption can lead to systematic inflammation and many other problems. Eliminating grains from your diet can help you stay healthy and fit and also assist you in losing weight fast. Corn, oats, barley, rice and wheat, all should be taken to a bare minimum.
- Avoid Sugar: Sugar and sugary products also are a no when it comes to paleo diet. It includes all forms of sugar and not just table sugar. You should also watch out for the fructose that are present in the fruits as well.
- Avoid Seed and Vegetable Oils: This might be difficult when you are eating out in restaurants but when you are cooking at home, the best thing to do is to replace all your vegetable and seed oils with olive oil, coconut oil or use ghee or lard for cooking.
- Avoid Dairy: Well. Most of it! Consuming Greek yogurt or unsweetened whipped cream might not do much damage, but it is important to make sure you avoid all forms of processed and low fat dairy products such as low fat yogurt and skim milk to reach your paleo diet goals.
When following a paleo diet, it is very important to know what your body specifically needs to achieve your health and fitness goals. And, nothing can help you better at it than a nutrigenomics test. Get in touch with us at 877.505.7374 or leave a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to know why you need a nutrigenomics test and how will it help you reach your fitness goals faster.