The role will be responsible for supporting research & development and lab operations, and will be a technical lead to a team of scientists focused on creating and maintaining robust, clinical-quality pipelines for processing next-generation sequencing data.
- Optimize performance and reliability of clinical analysis pipelines
- Design, implement, and test novel and reproducible NGS analysis methods
- Migrate processes from R&D to production and support clinical production needs
- Implement and document processes for regulatory purposes
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Medical Informatics, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline is required
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience preferably in molecular diagnostics laboratory/company
- Experience with development and management of workflows and pipelines in production environments
- Deep understanding of DNA sequence data and its analysis (mapping, variant calling etc.)
- Experience with public domain data sources e.g. GWAS, HapMap, dbSNP and 1000 genomes
- Familiarity with Linux command-line tools and writing shell scripts
- Familiarity with relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred) is a must
- Familiarity with programming in one or more scripting languages: Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Experience programming in Java
- Experience developing APIs desirable
- Experience with high performance computing environments and/or cloud-based environments
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to work well together in cross-functional and interdisciplinary teams of scientists and engineers
- Responsive to feedback
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A highly-motivated team player with good attitude.
You will be surrounded by top-notch colleagues who care about solving problems the right way. You will have ample opportunity to contribute your expertise as well as learn from your peers. If you are interested in joining our team, please respond by providing your resume to email@example.com.