Pathway Genomics seeks a genetic counselor to help support and develop field genetic services on the East Coast. This individual will be responsible for working with our sales team to help promote and educate physicians about our genetic testing and services. This is a remote position, and the ideal candidate would reside in the eastern half of United States. Overnight travel may be required up to 65% of the time.
Field Genetic Counselor - East Coast
About the Position
- Support the sales teams in technical aspect during sales calls
- Educate ordering providers about our genetic testing and services
- Provide ongoing training to the sales team
- Write and develop content marketing materials and website
- Assist in the development process of new tests
- Review forms/reports and making them more user friendly
- Create scientific content in the form of white papers and abstracts
- Interact with other GC’s to promote the value of Pathway’s tests
- Answer patient questions about genetic test results, if needed
- Assist Client Services in providing superior customer service
Skills and Experience Required
- Master’s degree in Genetic Counseling, and BC/BE by ABGC
- 2-3 years experience is preferred, but new grads will be considered
- Eligible for licensure in California and other covered states
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; bi-lingual would be a plus.
- Ability to solve problems both independently and in a team environment
- Forward thinking, open-minded, adaptable, self-starter with ideas and energy to interact in a fast paced environment with various departments, physicians, patients and the public.
- Highly motivated and successful individual who can build and maintain a positive attitude in a challenging and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent time management, multitasking, and organizational skills.