The Clinical Laboratory Specialist (CLS) under the supervision of the Lab Manager, will be responsible for supervision of non-licensed laboratory staff. The responsibilities include executing approved standard operating procedures, DNA specimen processing, data analysis, reagent preparation, instrument calibration and laboratory maintenance. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist will perform DNA isolation, genotyping and sequencing of isolated DNA according to approved standard operating procedures. Other duties may be assigned, as appropriate. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist adds value to the organization by playing a key role in ensuring the success of the clinical testing laboratory by providing high quality, diligent and timely support in multiple areas.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS)
- CLS license
- Bachelors Degree in a biological science required. Masters Degree a plus.
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist license required (General or Molecular).
- ASCP certification a plus.
- Minimum of 1-5 years experience in a clinical laboratory.
- Adhere to laboratory policies, safety procedure and standard operating procedures.
- Perform all aspects of DNA testing according to the appropriate procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer and patient information.
- Strong verbal communication skills for internal communications.
- Work well in a team environment as well as independently with supervision.
- Prioritize tasks by understanding the relative importance and urgency of each task.
- Function at a high level and accomplish tasks that require departmental effort to meet demanding timelines and workloads. Adapt to changing priorities.
- Must have good communication skills to interact with other laboratory staff and supervisor.
- Must pay close attention to detail.
- Any other tasks assigned that this person is qualified to perform.
Pathway Genomics is a privately held, venture funded company located in San Diego (UTC). As a biotech/software startup hybrid, we leverage the latest in genetics biotechnology and software technology to inform people of how their genetics may impact their health and lifestyle.