Pathway Genomics seeks a Client Services Genetic Counselor to work collaboratively with all client services, laboratory, marketing, and engineering personnel to optimize client experience. This individual will also work collaboratively with field genetic counselors to keep them abreast of any issues/questions in their regions.
Client Services Genetic Counselor
About the Position
Skills and Experience Required
- Master’s degree in Genetic Counseling from an accredited training program is required.
- Board certified/board eligible by the American Board of Genetic Counseling.
- Licensed as Genetic Counselor as allowed by California State Legislature.
- Licensed in other states is a plus.
- A demonstrated ability to independently solve problems and to work effectively in a team environment.
- Expertise in specific areas of genetics; cancer experience is a plus.
- Excellent time management, project management, multitasking, and organizational skills.
- Forward thinking, open-minded, adaptable, and self-starter who is able to interact in a fast paced environment with various departments, physicians, patients, and the general public.
- Highly motivated and successful individual who can build and maintain a positive attitude in a challenging and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent computer skills (Mac or PC) with working knowledge in Microsoft Office while being adaptable to various computer programs and internal systems.
- Work with all aspects of the company to optimize a client’s overall experience.
- Respond to customer inquiries elevated by client services.
- Answer questions from patients and clients requesting to speak with a genetic counselor.
- Provide genetic counseling, as needed.
- Record and analyze trends to help create useful marketing and education materials.
- Provide training to customer service representatives and other key customer facing personnel.
- Continually review, edit, and write client service and genetic counselor SOPs as well as processes related to customer service
- Create scripts to improve customer service
- Some conference travel may be required, minimal travel is expected outside that scope.