Summary: Responsible for ensuring the integrity of Pathway Genomics’ mission critical systems the SQA Engineer works closely with the software and product development teams to build, drive, and implement quality assurance processes used throughout the software development life cycle. From requirements validation, through test development and execution to exit approval, the SQA Engineer ensures a fully integrated approach to quality assurance of all of the company’s products, tools, processes and assets.
Able to work independently on complex QA tasks in a fast moving, fluid environment where task focus and requirements are in constant flux.
Excellent written and verbal skills are a must as well as proficiency working with defect-tracking tools.
- Creating test plans, cycles, cases, scripts, and standardized reports, such as test execution progress and release readiness reports.
- Develop and execute manual and automated functional, integration, regression, and performance tests
- Investigate failed automated and manual tests, report issues in the defect tracking system (JIRA), and provide bug metrics.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure project compliance with SQA standards and overall deliverable quality.
- Provide subject matter expert knowledge on software and tools, and act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to multitask within an environment of rapidly changing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as Software Test Engineering
- Experience with test planning, creation, and execution of software applications
- Experience in testing for web based API to include REST and web services
- Experience in writing database queries (postgres preferred)
- Experience in software testing methodology and best practices
If interested in opportunity, please submit resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org