The Genetics Scientist is responsible for supporting R&D activities by developing scientific content for new products. The Genetics Scientist has overall responsibility for surveying the published scientific literature to develop, maintain, and update content for genetic testing products. The Genetics Scientist is responsible for selecting genetic markers for specific tests, writing content for reporting, and assuring scientific quality of content in tests and other company literature. Researches and develops methods and assays using a variety of analytical techniques for multi-disciplined studies to generate results, solve problems and interpret data of a scientific nature. Participates in technology evaluation. The Genetics Scientist adds value to the organization by playing a key role in ensuring the success of assay development and training of related departments including marketing, sales and clinical laboratories by providing high quality, diligent and timely support in multiple areas.
Education and Experience Required:
- PhD in biological sciences
- 2-5 years of postdoctoral experience in genetics, molecular biology or related fields.
- Broad human genetics and molecular biology experience is required.
- Assisting in the development of new test content.
- Identify genetic markers and corresponding phenotypes for reporting.
- Develop criteria for marker selection and develop risk algorithms.
- Conduct quality control of algorithms for new and updated. products
- Writing of reviews for specific genetic traits , drug responses, or clinically relevant diseases.
- Deep knowledge of human genetics, GWAS analysis, next generation sequencing, aCGH microarray, genotyping experience preferred.
- Curate and update data (such as alleles, odds ratio, population characteristics) extracted from public and proprietary databases.
- Classify clinical genetic variants and identify associated risk.
- Highly motivated and successful individual to work in a fast-paced team environment and maintain positive and helpful interactions within and beyond the laboratory teams.
- Excellent writing skills and keen attention to detail.
- Outstanding time management, and organizational skills.
- Prior exposure to CLIA/CAP laboratory requirements highly desirable.
- Project management experience and ability to adapt to changing priorities a plus.
- Adhere to laboratory policies, safety procedures and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer and patient information.
- Must have good communication skills to interact in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Prioritize tasks by understanding the relative importance and urgency of each task. Function at a high level and accomplish tasks that require departmental effort to meet demanding timelines and workloads.
- Provides guidance to junior staff in lab
- Any other tasks assigned that this person is qualified to perform
Qualified candidates please submit resume for consideration to email@example.com