Summary: As a Business Development Manager, you will work to improve the organizations market position and achieve financial growth. You will be responsible for generating new business within the physician market by developing new users and expanding utilization of our tests. Strategic planning is a key part of the job description, since it is the Business Development Manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the Company. In essence, you will stimulate sales growth, provide feedback on product performance, recommend tactical steps, and create an environment where sales can flourish and succeed.
- Promote and sell genetic tests & services to target physician practices as defined by the Sales Plan.
- Manage customer relationships in a defined geographical territory in order to strengthen the Pathway brand.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining and leveraging your network.
- Follow up on all marketing/sales leads as quickly as possible. Make new calls on potential customers to stimulate interest in the company’s services, as necessary.
- Design and implement account strategies at the territory level that exceed expectations in revenue retention/growth, account profitability, and customer satisfaction/loyalty.
- Coordinate appropriate support resources (client services, telemarketing, technical) to maximize and strengthen customer relationships.
- Maintain sales prospect lists/sales funnels (pipelines). Maintain a detailed customer database.
- Advise management of any information pertinent to the company’s activities, gathered as a result of observations made in the field. Report information regarding new services, activities of competitors, upgrades in capabilities and referrer’s needs, etc.
- Work with client service representatives to keep account activities and literature up-to-date.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems. Respond to customer and patient complaints and make recommendations to management regarding good-will building.
- Perform client presentations articulating the value proposition of product/solution/service offerings.
- Stay abreast of new developments and trends in laboratory diagnostic testing and health care industry in order to be capable of understanding referrers and prospects needs and with the assistance of professional staff, to provide workable solutions to referrer’s requirements.
- Attend trade shows as a representative of the Company in a sales/technical capacity.
- Forecasts sales targets and ensure they are met.
- Comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, the company’s policies and procedures.
- Perform other projects/tasks, as requested by the Company.
- Any other tasks assigned that this person is qualified to perform.
- BA/BS degree minimum and 3-5 years of sales experience in life sciences/biotech/healthcare industries preferred.
Interested candidates please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org