The successful candidate will develop bioinformatics pipelines and analysis software to support clinical assays. As part of this role the candidate will collaborate with staff from the clinical laboratory, research & development and IT/Engineering. Scientist will provide data analysis support for the R&D group during assay development. He/She will be called upon to analyze problems, and provide algorithmic solutions. Candidate will continually evaluate new open source and commercial bioinformatics software, to identify the best solutions for the lab. The bioinformatics scientist will collect user requirements and specifications from various groups. Candidate must have experience in good software documentation practices, included the process of developing documentation to execute installation qualifications, performance qualifications, and operational qualifications. This position will be responsible for training laboratory staff, and in maintaining the bioinformatics pipelines in the production environment. Candidate will stay apprised of relevant bioinformatics literature, and present at conferences. Position will report to the Director of Bioinformatics.
- Experience developing NGS analysis pipelines for a CLIA/CAP approved laboratory.
- Software development in a Linux based environment and must be an expert user in shell programming.
- Experience developing software for both the cloud (AWS) and for SGE high performance clusters.
- Experience in a high-level programming or scripting language such as Python, Java, perl, C.
- Experience interacting with LIMS system and integrating pipelines with LIMS systems.
- Experience with various bioinformatics tools for variant calling and alignments.
- Background in statistical analysis a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Some experience performing wetlab work a plus.
- Minimum PhD, MS + 2 years.
If interested in opportunity, please submit resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org