The successful candidate will develop the infrastructure and processes for customized web-based LIMS systems. As part of this role the candidate will collaborate with staff from clinical laboratory, research & development and IT/Engineering. The LIMS scientist will collect user requirements from various groups, build UI/UX designs/mockups and develop LIMS solutions in a web framework. Candidate will be called upon to analyze problems, and develop software that appropriately models laboratory and variant curation workflows. Scientist will assist with integration of laboratory instrumentation with the LIMS environment. Candidate will have experience in good software documentation practices, included the process of developing documentation to execute installation qualifications, performance qualifications, and operational qualifications. This position will be responsible for training laboratory staff in the use of LIMS systems, and in maintaining the system in the production environment. Position will report to the Director of Bioinformatics.
- Several years experience developing LIMS systems for customized lab processes.
- Experience integrating lab instruments such as liquid handlers (i.e. Hamilton, Tecan) with LIMS.
- Software development in a Linux based environment.
- Experience developing in the cloud using Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in a high-level programming or scripting language such as Python, Java, perl, C.
- Experience with a web development framework such as Django, or Symphony.
- Experience with various bioinformatics tools for variant calling and alignment is a plus.
- Background in statistical analysis a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Some experience performing wetlab work a plus.
- Minimum PhD + 5 years relevant experience, MS + 10 years.
If interested in opportunity, please submit resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org