Cardiac DNA Insight®
Genetic Testing for Heart Health
– Atrial fibrillation
– Beta-blockers, LVEF response
– Caffeine metabolism
– Coronary artery disease
– Myocardial infarction
– Simvastatin-induced myopathy
– Verapamil and QTc interval
– Clopidogrel metabolism (Plavix)
– Estrogen supplementation (risk of venous thrombosis)
– Peripheral arterial disease
– Venous thrombosis
– Metoprolol metabolism
– Perindopril (ACE inhibitor-therapeutic benefit)
– Verapamil vs. atenolol (benefit of)
– ApoE and cardiovascular disease
– Genetic risk for decreased folate
– Genetic risk for decreased HDL cholesterol
– Genetic risk for elevated LDL cholesterol
– Genetic risk for elevated triglycerides
– Sickle cell anemia
Cardiac DNA Insight® can be ordered by an online physician designated by Pathway Genomics on your behalf.
Once your test has been ordered for you by a physician, you will provide a saliva sample using the saliva collection kit found in the Pathway Genomics box. You or your authorized health care professional will mail your saliva sample back to Pathway Genomics, along with your test requisition and consent form (return shipping provided).
You can view our saliva collections instructional video here.
Pathway Genomics processes and analyzes the submitted sample in its CLIA-certified and CAP-accredited laboratory. Typically within two to three weeks, the patient’s personalized results will be available to the ordering physician. The results will then be released to the patient. Pathway Genomics has a team of genetic counselors available to ensure that both the patient and the physician understand the information in the report, and to answer additional questions. To contact a Pathway Genomics genetic counselor, please call client services department at 877-505-7374 or email email@example.com.
Cardiac DNA Insight® is intended for individuals who want to learn more about their genetics in order to leverage this information to manage and optimize their heart health.