Vegetables are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber and low in calories. This unique composition makes veggies an important part of a healthy, nutritious diet. According to the 2005 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, an average adult should consume between 5 and 13 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables every day. However, even for those who like eating vegetables, it can prove to be a challenge to eat this many servings every day.
So, if you are trying to lose weight and want to eat more veggies, the following X quick and simple ways will help you make these nutritious gifts from nature a regular part of your meals.
Breakfast is the most important meal and adding veggies to it is important to get your everyday supply of essential nutrients. Here are few ways to eat more vegetables at breakfast:
- Eat a little salad along with your traditional breakfast of egg sandwich or cereal.
- If you’re not rushing, you may consider shredding some zucchini and cook it lightly along with onions, yellow squash, and any other vegetable of your choice in butter.
- Add some sautéed kale to your egg sandwich. This quick yet nutritious breakfast should provide you plenty of vitamin A, C, and K, as well as essential minerals, such as calcium, potassium, and manganese.
From vibrant salads to hearty soups, there are plenty of ways you can use veggies to make a delicious and nutritious lunch for yourself on even the busiest of days. Some of these include:
- Replace your side order of fries, mashed potato, or rice with a fresh vegetable salad when ordering lunch at a restaurant.
- Chop some vegetables to add more color, taste, and nutrients to your lunch. Celery, carrots, and kale are the most nutritious options that you can try with your sandwich.
- Celebrate meatless Mondays. When preparing your lunch or visiting a restaurant, order something vegetarian to fill yourself up.
Eating more vegetables in dinner does not restrict your options to vegetarian lasagnas and stuffed peppers at all. In fact, there are a plenty of fresh ideas that you can use to put together a veggie dinner. Some of these include:
- Try Caprese pasta salad. This is a super-quick cherry tomato pasta dish served with fresh basil, mozzarella cheese, and while balsamic vinegar. Plus, it’s really flavorful as well!
- Could not go for grocery shopping? Do not be afraid of adding frozen vegetables to your meal. To enhance the taste of veggies, add some melted better on the top and your flavorsome all-veggie dinner is ready!
- Make a vegetable pizza. This seemingly simple recipe offers you great versatility and taste. Try different herbs, chop your favorite vegetables, and make a tasty sauce to make the pizza more scrumptious and delicious.
Eating more veggies will not only give your energy levels a boost by providing you all the nutrients your body needs, as well as help you lose more weight.
To learn more about how what you eat influences your ability to lose weight and how Pathway FIT can help you make the right food choices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 877 505 7374.