Summary: The Sr. Director of Finance will be a strategic individual with 5-10 years of managerial accounting and financial management experience in a rapidly growing start-up environment. This role is responsible for but not limited to the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of accounting records within MS Dynamics, creating a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Analyze company’s financial results with respect to profits, trends and costs and compliance
- Drive and monitor strategic financial vision and all corporate finance activities in line with organizational objectives
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends in order to assist senior executives and Board of Directors in performing their responsibilities
- Develop organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; accumulating capital to fund expansion.
- Provide financial guidance on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
- Initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position, monitoring and developing a reliable cash flow projection on a short and long term basis
- Monitor banking activities, foreign exchange hedging and other cash management issues, accounts receivable and payable, and oversee purchasing and expenditures.
- Perform potential acquisition due diligence and participate in negotiations with other senior management in acquisitions.
- Recommend financial and operating benchmarks for measuring the performance of divisions and departments.
- Understand accounting for software licensing business models
- Manage daily operations of the accounting, finance, and billing and reimbursement departments.
- Develop performance measures supporting the company’s strategic direction
- Develop and maintain relationships with financial institutions
- Assist senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Manage tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information
- Understand reimbursement, billing and collections for the healthcare industry
- Assist in managing investor relations and creating power point presentations for shareholders. Experience in managing CAP Table.
- Any other tasks assigned that this person is qualified to perform.
- BS Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA and/or CMA preferred
- Successful history of leading significant change with pre and post IPO management experience, with biotech preferred
- Minimum of 5-10 years of progressively responsible experience in a small to mid-sized company.
- Management experience with the day-to-day financial operations of a start up
- Budget preparation experience a must.
- Life Sciences, Laboratory or Diagnostic experience is highly preferred
- Experience with growing start up environment is strongly preferred
If interested in opportunity, please submit resume for consideration to email@example.com