The role will be responsible for supporting R&D to develop new Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) based assays, which includes design of experiments, evaluation of various designs and validation of the final design. This role will also be responsible for testing various NGS bioinformatics pipelines.
- MS in Bioinformatics, Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related discipline is required
- At least 2 years of experience in Illumina sequencing data and bioinformatics pipelines for alignment, variant calling, and CNV analysis.
- Proficiency with script languages, such as Perl or Python
- Proficiency with Linux and shell scripts, such as Bash.
- Proficiency in the use of bioinformatics software, packages, and database
- Strong skills in the application of statistical analytical methods and programs, such as R
- Strong skills in advanced programming languages, such as C/C++ and Java
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A highly-motivated team player with good attitude.
You will be surrounded by top-notch Bioinformaticians who care about solving problems the right way. You will have ample opportunity to contribute your expertise as well as learn from your peers. If you are interested in joining our team, please respond to this ad with your resume attached.
Pathway Genomics is a privately held, venture funded company located in San Diego (UTC). As a biotech/software startup hybrid, we leverage the latest in genetics biotechnology and software technology to inform people of how their genetics may impact their health and lifestyle.